Cristiano Ronaldo: If everyone was at my level perhaps we would be top?


Forward hits out at the Spanish media after Real Madrid's title hopes were all but ended by defeat in the Madrid derby

Cristiano Ronaldo says Real Madrid could be leading the Spanish league if everyone on the team was at his level.

After a 1-0 home loss to rival Atletico Madrid on Saturday virtually ended the team's chances of winning the title, Ronaldo criticized Spanish media for blaming him for the team's poor performances and said that things could be different if others players were playing like him.
"It bothers me when it's said that Madrid is struggling because Cristiano is struggling. It feels like you are after me," Ronaldo said. "If everyone was at my level, perhaps we would be in first place."
Ronaldo hit back at his critics in the Spanish media
The Portuguese striker later tried to downplay his comments, telling local media he was referring to his "physical level."
"I'm not better than anyone," he said. "I was talking about the physical level, about the injuries."

0 Comments